Mount Gambier woman’s unsuccessful Darwin Awards attempt

If you want to read the story of one woman's unsuccessful attempt at a 2008 Darwin Award then read on.

"A Mount Gambier woman has warned the community against cleaning lawnmowers in bedrooms while smoking."

That's some pretty solid advice I would have thought.

"Ms Goldsworthy said she tipped the lawnmower over to clean it when fuel spilled out onto the floor. 'I dropped my cigarette from my mouth and the next moment there was this huge explosion,' she said."


It wasn't until I re-read the article that this little nugget sunk in.

"Ms Goldsworthy said although she had been convicted of arson before, this time it was an accident. 'I swear this time I did not do it,' she said."

Moral of the story, don't clean your lawnmower in your bedroom and spill fuel, while you're smoking a cigarette. This has been a public service announcement. Now I feel like I've done my good deed for the day.

The Darwin Awards Next Evolution : Chlorinating the Gene Pool by Wendy...
The Darwin Awards Next Evolution : Chlorinating the Gene Pool by Wendy... $3.99
Time Remaining: 6h 15m
Buy It Now for only: $3.99

THE DARWIN AWARDS EVOLUTION IN ACTION BY WENDY NORTHCUTT 2000 DUTTON EUC
THE DARWIN AWARDS EVOLUTION IN ACTION BY WENDY NORTHCUTT 2000 DUTTON EUC $7.99
Time Remaining: 8h 49m
Buy It Now for only: $7.99

4 Comments on Mount Gambier woman’s unsuccessful Darwin Awards attempt

  1. why the heck would you have a lawn mower in your bedroom? if you need a lawnmower, that suggest you have lawn to mow which means you have room outside which means you can store it outside. unless of course, she lives in a shed and that was glossed over for journalistic purposes … got to love how the story glossed over the physical abuse angle purely for “is she a ‘tard?” angle …

2 Trackbacks & Pingbacks

  1. Top 5 referrers for August | Swollen Pickles
  2. Daylight savings responsible for drought says Albury man | Swollen Pickles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*