Mount Gambier woman’s unsuccessful Darwin Awards attempt
If you want to read the story of one woman's unsuccessful attempt at a 2008 Darwin Award then read on.
"A Mount Gambier woman has warned the community against cleaning lawnmowers in bedrooms while smoking."
That's some pretty solid advice I would have thought.
"Ms Goldsworthy said she tipped the lawnmower over to clean it when fuel spilled out onto the floor. 'I dropped my cigarette from my mouth and the next moment there was this huge explosion,' she said."
It wasn't until I re-read the article that this little nugget sunk in.
"Ms Goldsworthy said although she had been convicted of arson before, this time it was an accident. 'I swear this time I did not do it,' she said."
Moral of the story, don't clean your lawnmower in your bedroom and spill fuel, while you're smoking a cigarette. This has been a public service announcement. Now I feel like I've done my good deed for the day.
|The Darwin Awards III: Survival of the Fittest Northcutt, Wendy Hardcover|
Time Remaining: 1h 48m
Buy It Now for only: $3.99
|The Darwin Awards: Evolution in Action 2000 by Northcutt, Wendy 0525945725|
Time Remaining: 14h 1m
Buy It Now for only: $4.48