This is the time of year that people usually pump out the "...and that was the year that was" kind of stuff. I'm a lemming. So here's my contribution.
2008 was an interesting year. I managed to keep this site up and running without breaking it. I started up a couple of other sites, with varying levels of success, and I managed to make a little extra coin. In terms of traffic, 2008 was the best year ever.
Here are some of the key statistics for SwollenPickles.com in 2008:
- there were 281,814 unique visitors
- April 19 was the highest traffic day, with 6,678 unique visitors in the 24 hour period
- 52.78% of traffic came from referring sites, 40.59% from search engines, with the remainder from 'other'
- The most visited page was 'Lindsay Lohan with massive camel toe', with 62,095 unique visits for the year
- A majority of visitors came from the United States, followed by the UK, Canada, Australia and Germany
- The least visited pages included Shock Docs Channel 9, A quick lesson in marketing and promotions, Project Deep Impact, the sadly under rated, Naomi Robson - her finest moments on YouTube, and the borderline inappropriate The latest product from Apple - the all new iPad
- SwollenPickles.com made a grand total of $270.59US from Adsense
With only a couple of days of December left, it's time that I sat down and think about what goals I want to set (and achieve!) for 2009!
* All the statistics span 1 January 2008 to 18 December 2008, so it's not technically the entire 2008, but it's close enough.